Each Neighbourhood Housing Officer covers around 500 homes and help council tenants and leaseholders with many tenancy related matters.
Areas of support include:
- Supporting with tenancy requests such as successions, mutual exchanges, and home improvements
- Helping residents achieve improvements to their estates by working with resident groups
- Supporting residents when they experience problems within the community, such as anti-social behaviour
- Helping to make sure the area residents live in feels clean and safe
- Offering advice in the areas of resolving disputes, cost of living worries, and housing options to support tenants to reach their own solutions
- Supporting with welfare concerns, keeping in mind our most vulnerable residents
- Work with other services to meet resident’s diverse needs such as like cost of living, debt advice
- If a tenant chooses to move out, offering advice on what they need to do
Who is my neighbourhood housing officer?
Use the search tool below to find the contact details of your Neighbourhood Housing Officer.