On this page:
- Permit options
- Apply for a residents parking permit
- Renew a residents parking permit
- Amend a residents parking permit
- Cancelling a permit and getting a refund
- Resident permit fees and charges
- Talking to us about someone else’s permit
- Car free housing (S106 agreements)
To apply for, renew amend or cancel a resident parking permit, you will need to login or create a Camden Account.
A resident parking permit does not guarantee you a parking space but enables you to park in your controlled parking zone (CPZ).
To apply for a permit you must:
- be a Camden resident and live in your property for at least 5 nights per week
- not live in a car free housing property
You can only apply for one permit for each resident.
To apply for a resident parking permit you will need:
- proof of address
- proof of vehicle ownership or custody
You can find more information and examples of the documents you will need at terms and conditions for parking permits.
Renew a residents parking permit
If you need to renew a permit, you can do this in your Camden Account:
If you need to change the details of your parking permit, you can do this in your Camden Account.
- change or add a vehicle to your permit
- change your address within Camden
- add a courtesy vehicle to your permit
you will need:
- your v5c document, if you are changing or adding a new vehicle to your permit
- proof of address, if you are moving within Camden
- a lease agreement or letter if the vehicle is on hire to you
You can find more information about the documents you will need at terms and conditions for parking permits.
If you move out of Camden, dispose of or sell your vehicle, you can apply for a refund of the remainder of your parking permit. A refund for a cancelled permit will be calculated based on the number of full months remaining on your permit. Charges for 2nd and 3rd vehicles and the diesel surcharge are non-refundable.
Before applying for a refund, please log in to your Camden account and cancel the permit on your account. This will calculate the correct amount due and will return you to this page allowing you to complete the refund request.
Do not apply for a refund if your v5c has not been uploaded to your permit account or if the permit has been cancelled by us for a breach of the terms and conditions, such as not meeting the qualifying criteria when applying or renewing your permit.
You will have 30 minutes to complete the application. Refunds will normally be made back to the card used for payment. If the payment card has been cancelled or you have been asked to provide bank details, please select the expired card option when asked.
Refunds may take up to 28 days to process.
If you would like to discuss or amend a parking permit on behalf of someone else we need the written permission of the permit holder.
The permit holder will need to log into their Camden Account and upload a letter of authorisation. Any customer who requires support with this can contact us on 020 7974 4444 and a member of our Contact Camden team will be able to assist.
We do not offer resident parking permits for residents living in car free housing zones.
If you obtain a permit when you are not entitled to one and we later withdraw it, we will not refund the remainder of the fee. This is outlined in the terms and conditions for parking permits.