Kingsgate - CIP
Kingsgate Primary is an award winning new school, helping children in West Hampstead get the very best start in life. The development includes:
- Capacity for 420 new school places in an area of need
- Spacious, modern classrooms
- New playground and play equipment
The school is built on a redeveloped industrial estate and the area’s historical use plays into the design with a distinctive saw-toothed and double pitched roof that allows daylight to flood the spacious halls and classrooms.
In 2018, the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) ranked Kingsgate Primary among the year’s best architectural achievements with a national design award.
The new school is part of a number of improvements planned for the Liddell Place area. The next phase of work at Liddell Place includes:
- A new public open space with greenery and benches
- A new walking route through to Maygrove Peace park
- New housing, including affordable homes
- Flexible business workspaces, helping to create jobs and employment opportunities for local people.
"The new building and the playground are lovely. The learning environment is spacious, bright and calm. Teachers can already see a hugely positive impact on the way children learn.”Liz Hayward, Headteacher